Admission to the Sixth Form College 2022/23
St Wilfrid’s has a popular and vibrant Sixth Form. Students make good progress and are well supported in a caring, Christian environment. We welcome applications from young people of all faiths who wish to benefit from, and are able to support, our Catholic ethos.
Students consistently achieve excellent examination outcomes and the college provides a varied curriculum. Through careful guidance and support by a dedicated team, students can chose from a wide range of subjects and Level 3 qualifications at Advanced Level and General Applied
The school operates a sixth form for a total of 400 pupils. The sixth form is available for all existing pupils. The school will admit external pupils to any available places until Year 12 reaches its capacity of 200. All applicants must meet the requirements of individual courses. Minimum entry requirements and individual course requirements are published annually in the school’s prospectus and on the website.
When Year 12 is undersubscribed all applicants meeting the minimum academic entry and course requirements will be admitted.
Where there are more external applicants than places available, priority will be given in accordance with the
oversubscription criteria 1, 2-4, 6-10 & 12 of the Admission Policy.
The Sixth Form is available to all existing pupils of St Wilfrid’s who meet the eligibility criteria. Applications from external students are growing and are limited to 80 places, as stated in the Admission Policy:
- Admission to the college will be made by the Governing Body
- St Wilfrid’s Sixth Form is available to all existing Year 11 students who wish to enroll, providing that an appropriate course is available and the student meets the entry requirements for study on courses.
- Some subjects have a minimum GCSE entry requirement (these are available from the Sixth Form).
- A limit of 80 places is set for admission of external
- Places will be offered subject to appropriate, viable courses being available and the student meeting the entry requirements to take courses:
- 5 good pass grades in 5 separate subjects to follow Level 3 courses. Each technical Level 2 qualification is counted as one subject. Some subjects have a minimum entry requirement and these are available from the Sixth Form
- Any student embarking on Level 3 courses, who has not obtained a Level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) in Maths and English, will be required to continue to study for a Level 2 qualification in these
- Entry to Year 13 is dependent upon good attendance and commitment to the programme of study in Year 12
- Subject to the above over-riding consideration, in the event that the Sixth Form is over-subscribed, places will be allocated according to the over-subscription criteria for entry to year