Level 3 Results for 2022-23 at St Wilfrid’s Sixth Form
Congratulations to all of our Sixth-Form students who collected their results on Thursday 17th August.
Our students have worked incredibly hard, displaying determination, resilience and tenacity; we’re all incredibly proud of what they have achieved. Thanks to all our staff for their hard work in ensuring that students have been awarded the grades they truly deserve and fairly represent all of their hard work.
On results day, we celebrated with our students and provided support for the university admissions process. 62% of our students applied to university courses, with 87% successfully securing their first or second choice university on the morning of results day. Further students gained places within the UCAS clearing process. 20% of our students progressed onto apprenticeships, many having already gained their places prior to results day. 18% progressed into exciting employment opportunities.
We would especially like to highlight the following achievements:
- One student has successfully secured a place at the University of Oxford (St Hilda) to read Biology.
- Another student gained the highest possible grades with three A*s in Maths, Chemistry and Physics, and will now read Mathematics at Manchester University.
- One student, who secured three As at A Level, will study Chemistry at the University of Sheffield.
- 12 of our students were successful in securing placements on apprenticeships, including many for Level 4 degree-apprenticeships.
- One student has gained a sought-after apprenticeship within the NHS and we feel this is very deserved for such an outstanding young person; we know that they will excel in this field.
The hard work of our students has resulted in a wide range of courses being studied at degree level, including Chemistry, Maths, Computer Science, Biomedical Science, Psychology, Law, Sports Therapy, Economics, History, Operating Theatre Management, Sports Coaching, Sports Exercise, Social Work, Film Studies, Criminology, English Language and Sports Coaching.