Business Studies GCSE
The aims of the course
The aims of the course are to give students a sound understanding of the different elements of a business as it grows over time. Through the use of case study materials students will be exposed to real business situations, problems and actions. Business studies students will experience and develop various skills used within business e.g. numeracy and problem solving
The course structure
- Theme 1: Investigating small businesses
- Theme 2: Building a business
- Enterprise – vital business skills e.g problem solving
- Ownership – different legal structures e.g. sole traders, plc, ltd
- Marketing – what are the purposes and aims of adverts
- Finance – a vital part of any business
- People in business – motivation theories
- Organisation of production – how are products made?
How the course is assessed
Theme 1 – A written examination made up of multiple choice, calculations, short answer and extended writing and objective test questions.
Theme 2 – A written exam with 3 sections, multiple choice, short answer and extended answer questions
Resources, additional information and websites
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zpsvr82 Newspapers and news programmes.