Update on School Closure 4th JanuaryChris
Dear Parents / Carers.
After the announcement from the Prime Minister regarding England being placed in lockdown on Monday 4th January 2021 – please be assured that vulnerable students and the children of critical workers are to continue attending school as normal. School continues to be closed to all other students. Students will continue to follow their normal timetable of lessons remotely on Microsoft Teams. We will continue to keep all parents / carers informed. Further details are listed below.
- All Year Groups are to remain at home and follow their regular timetable via remote learning on Microsoft Teams. Students will log-in and be taught by their teachers in ‘live lessons’.
Most of our students are now used to accessing and participating in live lessons. For those students / families who are less familiar, there is a guide on our website which can be accessed using the following link: http://www.st-wilfrids.bkcat.co.uk/students/learning-from-home/.
If any students have any IT issues then they can find the contact information using the following link: Learning from Home – St Wilfrids Catholic High School and Sixth Form College (bkcat.co.uk).
- Children of Critical Workers and Vulnerable Students only on site.
– Vulnerable children are classed as follows: Students with a social worker / Students in Care (looked after children) / Students with an EHCP.
– If you are unsure about whether or not your child is eligible for a school place, please refer to the Government guidance on the definition of critical workers, which can be found at www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision.
– If you feel that your child is entitled to a place and you haven’t already contacted us, then please get in touch at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any Safeguarding concerns regarding students should be reported to school at the following e-mail address: email@example.com or Social Care Direct (Tel: 0345 850 3503).
If you need to contact school for any reason then please us at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.