Safeguarding Week – w/c 24th JuneClaire
St Wilfrid’s will be participating in safeguarding week in conjunction with the Safeguarding Children’s Board. The Local Safeguarding Board website is available here for further information: https://www.wakefieldlscb.org.uk/about-us/
The Local Safeguarding Children’s board have asked schools and partners to promote the safeguarding of ALL young people during this week and they will be providing and engaging in the following:
- Safeguarding Week will run across West Yorkshire from Monday 24th June to 28th June 2019. Safeguarding really is ‘Everyone’s Business’ and Safeguarding Week highlights the commitment that we all share here in Wakefield to keep children, young people and vulnerable adults safe.
- The Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB) are working alongside partners, agencies, Schools, Academy’s, Colleges and Voluntary individuals to provide information, support & advice to members of staff on how to keep children, young people and vulnerable adults safe.
- We are holding training courses, briefing sessions and open days around Safeguarding throughout the week. A Public Engagement event will be held on Monday 24th June 2019 in Wakefield Town Centre.
- We will be giving each student a copy of the pupil safeguarding policy. Please take the time to go through this with your child so they are aware of the support networks in school and within the community. School staff will also provide your child with a paper copy of this document and it can also be found on the schools website.
- A link to the ‘Keep me Safe booklet’: Safeguarding-Guidance-Policy-Booklet-KMS.pdf
School is always interested in the views of our pupils and parents and as such we have has designed two safeguarding survey’s. Your feedback is important to us and helps us shape future work completed with our school community .The survey should take no more than fifteen minutes. Links to the surveys can be found below:
St Wilfrid’s would like to thank West Yorkshire Police who will be coming in to speak to students about image sharing on the internet. We are also aiming to keep children safe online and along with Zurich insurance are launching the safer schools app which is available to students and parents.
The student safeguarding booklet provides your child with a reminder of the pin number for each year group. see below.
|Pupil – Years 7 & 8||3447||Download|
|Pupil – Years 9, 10 & 11||4898||Download|
|Pupil – Post 16||1544||Download|
Whether you’re a mum, dad, carer, auntie, uncle, granny, grandpa or even an auntie who’s-not-really-an-auntie-but-you’re-mum’s-best-friend-so-we-call-you-auntie anyway, it’s important for you to understand what children are doing online, so you can help make them safer. We are delighted to invite you to download our new App in the school newsfeed section or below .
Download the app for free by searching for ‘Safer Schools’ in the Apple App Store or on Google play. (You can Download it on more Than one device
Enter the name of our school
Enter the code 7675
☆ Make sure you enable notifications and keep up-to-date with our tips, advice and guidance on how to make your children safer. ☆
About the App
The App is designed to support and protect children by educating and empowering them both at school and at home through their access. Your children get access to information that is relevant to them and you will receive tips and advice on how to keep them safer online.