The Extended Project will develop and extend from one or more of the student’s study areas and/or from an area of personal interest or activity outside their main programme of study. It will be based on a topic chosen by the student(s) and agreed as appropriate by the centre.
Location: St. Wilfrid's Sixth Form College
Course Level: Entry
Duration: 1 Year
5 GCSEs passes, including English Language and Maths.
Students are required, with appropriate supervision, to:
- choose an area of interest
- draft a title and aims of the project for formal approval by the centre
- plan, research and carry out the project
- deliver a presentation to a non-specialist audience
- provide evidence of all stages of project development and production for assessment.
Students will create a written Log and report or artefact, they will also present their work to a non-specialist audience.
Universities and employers look favourably on this qualification as it gives students new skills, in the form of research, report writing and independent study and helps them to develop knowledge and understanding of a specific area of interest.