Year 6 Information
Parents and carers will now know the outcome of their applications for secondary school.
We look forward to working with you to ensure a smooth and happy transition to St Wilfrid’s.
To begin the transition process, you will have received an admission pack either via primary school or through the post. Please could you complete the Admission Form and other enclosed documents and return them to St Wilfrid’s using the envelope provided by 13th March 2020.
Documents to be returned:
- Admission Form
- GDPR Parental Consent Form (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Home School Contract
- Indemnity and Consent Form (trips and activities)
- SIMS Parent App Agreement Form
- Voluntary Contribution Scheme Reply Slip
- Gift Aid Declaration and Standing Order Mandate
- Summer School Letter of Interest Reply Slip 2020
- Reply slips for transition events (if applicable/non feeder)
Other documents for you to keep for information are:
- School Medical Procedures
- Medicines to be Dispensed to Students (only return along with the medication required in September/onwards)
- Biometric Identification System (Information)
- School Uniform Policy
Thank you for your confidence in St Wilfrid’s and entrusting your child with us. We shall endeavour to develop your child’s full potential with your essential help and support. We appreciate that transition from primary school can be an anxious time, so we will be working with families and primary schools over the next few weeks to meet our new students. To support students and parents for the move to secondary school, I would like to inform you of a series of transition events that are listed below.
You will also receive various invites and reminders in the next few weeks to keep you fully informed. Information will be added to our website www.st-wilfrids.bkcat.co.uk on a regular basis.
Transition Events and Dates
- March and April 2020: St Wilfrid’s school staff will visit feeder schools to introduce them to life at St Wilfrid’s. All Year 6 students will be given a student questionnaire to complete at home. Please return the questionnaire to your primary school. Once received we will use the information to support the student.
- Tuesday 19th or Wednesday 20th May 2020: some students are invited to spend the day with us (this event is specifically for those children transitioning to St Wilfrid’s with no or few other by invitation only have been asked to visit.
- Tuesday 7th and Wednesday 8th July 2020. Year 6 students are invited to spend two days at St Wilfrid’s from 8.45am – 2.30pm. Students will be assigned to a form class and spend the day attending lessons and preparing for September 2020. On the day, please arrive at the school bus bay car park for 8.45am; school staff will be awaiting your arrival. You can collect your child at 2.30pm from the bus bay car park or they can travel home on the school buses at 3.10pm.
- Year 6 Parent’s Information Evening: 9th July 2020 between 6pm and 7pm. Parents are invited to attend and take the opportunity to meet with key school staff, take advice on school transport and sample some of the school meal menu choices. There will also be a presentation at 6pm from the Headteacher and the Head of Year 7.
- Year 6 Summer School 2020: Year 6 students are invited to spend up to a week in school during the summer holiday. This year the Summer School will take place 3rd – 7th August 2020. This is a perfect opportunity for students to experience different activities for learning, have fun, meet and get to know key staff and make new friends for September. Please complete the ‘Summer School’ reply slip included in your pack.
- Students that would benefit from additional support: Some students will be invited into school for additional transition events after the Year 6 SATS. Parents will be contacted by the SEND team to arrange these additional visits.
Please do not hesitate to contact the pastoral team at St Wilfrid’s at any time during the transition phase to ensure that you and your child feel happy and confident with the move to secondary school.